A business start-up is the dream of many aspiring entrepreneurs, and hence most of the budding entrepreneurs work their way to their objectives. However, conceiving an idea for a start-up might be easier, but the execution part typically becomes challenging. The biggest hurdle for any SME business owner might be lack of finances. A lot of expenditure is needed for setting or starting a new business.
Hence to solve the biggest major issue to the business owners there is SME loans come handy. Note that such loans also help existing entrepreneurs who need funds to run their business. The loans are instrumental for the growth of these start-ups. They also boost the economy of the country and hence the government of India directs public and private financial institutions to be flexible and generous when it comes to providing finances to small businesses & start-ups. There are a large number of business loan schemes available for the small and medium businesses owners to settle their business.
Sme Loan For The Start-up
If done the right way, you can easily avail finances for your dream start-up. But for getting easy approval for the small business loan you must have to fulfill the business loan eligibility criteria ns must have the documents required for the approval of loan. In the following section, we will discuss more about SME loans. Here ia a overview of the prerequisites of small business loans. Have a look for the correct information.
Prerequisites For The Sme Loans
- A solid business plan:
- The financial institution will show interest in funding your start-up if they find the business plan intriguing and see potential in it. For example, they would consider the use cases of the product, scope in the market and consumer preference of the product/service before they can approve of the plan. Hence the business owner needs to project an effective business plan to the lenders to gain their confidence.
- Assess your requirements:
- Knowing your financial needs is very vital as you do not want to overborrow or under borrow the funds. Such funds can help you cover your operation costs, marketing costs, implementation costs, etc. and hence you would need an approximate estimate of funds to meet the financial requirements. Getting a small business loan in India is visibly getting more comfortable. Still, the objective of the borrower should make the best use of the resources available and get funds that can scale the organization vertically and horizontally.
- Objectives and Key Results:
- Clear objectives and corresponding vital results are essential for any business, and the investors/lenders would be interested to know about them in particular. The goals can be defined quarterly, and the business owners should appraise the financial institutions about the plans from time to time.
Benefits of SME loans
- The documentation with regards to SME loans is minimal as compared to traditional business loans as the government has directed the financial institutions to promote start-ups and small businesses.
- The tenure period for such SME loans for start-ups is more flexible.
- Most of the time, SME loans are collateral-free, i.e. the lender would not push the borrowers for submitting an asset or a property to avail funds. Such a move is excellent for first-time business owners who wish to commence operations without having to provide any asset that they have.
- SME loans are better than traditional business loans in terms of interest rates as well. As a small business owner, you might get a competitive price of interests based on the lender and the credit score of the borrower. Hence the business owner must have a better credit score to avail better rates.
- Borrower must be a self-employed professional, manufacturer, retailer.
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Maximum age is 65 years.
- Minimum turnover should be Rs. 10,00,000 in the last 12 months.
- ITR of more than 2.5 lakhs.
- 3-5 years of business experience.
- Identity proof.
- Address Proof.
- Bank Statement for the last six months.
- Income documents i.e, latest ITR along with the computation of income, balance sheet.
- Other business loan documents (Sole Proprietorship Declaration or Certified Copy of the Partnership Deed etc)
Start-ups are one of the most significant contributors to the country’s economy, and financial institutions want to help them as per their capacity. The borrowers need to submit the documents required for business loans and avail loans with better interest rates by choosing the best lender available in the market.